1. I________ "Chicken soup for the soul" but I haven’t finished it yet.
a. read b. am reading c. have been reading d. was reading
2. Alan took a photograph of Sandra while she________
a. didn't look b. wasn't looking c. hasn't looked d.. hadn't looked
3. I ________ my key. Can you help me look for it?
a. lose b. lost c. had lost d. have lost
4. Last night Tine________ in bed when suddenly she heard a scream.
a. read b. was reading c. had read d. had read
5. We________ a part next week. Would you like to come?
a. have b. will have c. are having d. will have had
6. The Red River________ very fast today-much faster than yesterday.
a. flows b. is flowing c. will flow d. is going to flow
7. While mother________ dinner the phone rang.
a. cooked b. had cooked c. has cooked d. was cooking
8. Fish________ on earth for ages and ages.
a. existed b. are existing c. exist d. have existed
9. The phone________ constantly since Jack won the first prize this morning.
a. has been ringing b. rang c. had rung d. had been ringing
10. The earth________ on the sun for its heat and light.
a. is depend b. depending c. has depend d. depends
11. I don't feel good. I ________ home from work tomorrow.
a. am staying b. stay c. will have stayed d. stayed
12. In the last two decades, space exploration___great contributions to weather forecasting.
a. is making b. has made c. made d. makes
13. On July 20, 1969, Neil Armstrong ________ down onto the moon, the first person ever set foot on another planet.
a. was stepping b. stepped c. has stepped d. was step
14. When boarding the plane, many passengers were annoyed because they ________ waiting in the airport for three ad a half hours.
a. are b. were c. have been d. had been
15. If coastal erosion continues to take place at the present rate, in another fifty years this beach________ any more.
a. doesn't exist b. isn't going to exits c. isn't existing d. won't be existing
16. Their football team________ a championship until last season.
a. had never won b. is never winning c. had never been winning d. had never won
17. By the end of this year, Tom ________English for three years.
a. will be studying b. has studied c. will have studied d. has been studying
18. In one year's time, I________ in this school for 15 years.
a. will be working b. will work c. will have studied d. has been studying'
19. They ________ this course by next June.
a. have finished b. will finish c. are going to finish d. will have finished
20. She will go abroad as soon as she________ this English course.
a. has completed b. will complete c. will have completed d. completed
1c 2b 3d 4b 5c 6b 7d 8d 9a 10d
11a 12b 13b 14d 15b 16d 17c 18c 19d 20a